Solved

External Voucher Assistant

• 28 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

Has anyone managed to import a multi-company External GL Voucher in IFS Cloud 23r1? The External Voucher Assistant requires a Company to be entered.

and the External File Template does not contain Company

There was some chat that this was possible, but not sure if this was correct or before IFS CLoud.

Cheers,

Graham

icon

Best answer by cynthia.wilson 28 March 2024, 20:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @GDrysdale 

it is true. Also in IFS APPS10 it is the same approach.

You can use the same template for different companies. Otherwise you need to create n templates for each company.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming. Just checking in case someone had found a way to do this.

Cheers,

Graham

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If this is accurate, this is a big step back.  We’ve uploaded multi-company vouchers from Apps 7.5 and its almost all we load in Apps 10.  I do not know about Cloud though.

While the STDVOU template doesn’t include company, you can create your own template based on the ExtVoucher File Type and include company:

When loading, the process separates the file and creates a voucher in each company (in Voucher Entry) not in the ‘multi-company voucher entry’ screen.

I can try and answer more questions if it will help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks. I was hoping someone would confirm if they had managed to successfully import a Multi-company External GL Voucher in IFS Cloud or if it was not possible.

I’ll investigate further...

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I managed to successfully import a Multi-company External GL Voucher in IFS Cloud 23r1. 

I copied File Template STDVOU (you cannot edit a System Defined File Template) and created MCVOU.

Edited MCVOU renumbering everything to column number +1 and adding a new column number 1 for Company. Added Company to the first column in my Excel External Voucher Load file.

Import this and it creates a Voucher in Voucher Entry for each Company in the file.No postings are created utilising AP10 and AP11 posting types to generate automatically the corresponding balance sheet entries. The Vouchers must balance in the file for each company.

See attached.

Cheers,

Graham

Badge +2

The External GL voucher upload works as long as you have 4 entries ( Debit and Credit in Company A and Debit and Credit in Company B) as @GDrysdale have already illustrated.

But if the requirement is to have the Debit in Company A and Credit in Company B ( 2 lines) similar to how we enter in the ‘Multi-company Voucher entry’ window it doesn’t work.

There is an idea that has already been accepted by RnD , but as far as I know this is still under-review and is not 23R2 either