Question

External file Budget - Upload error

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to upload a csv file with External file Budget Periods and I have an issue that the first line is always with error : Invalid value format or invalid Decimal Symbol in the Loaded File. The other lines have been unpacked without error. I have verified the line with error and there is no difference vs the other lines.

But If I delete the line with error from my csv file and upload the file again, the same error appears for the new first line (second line in previous upload) even if this line was unpacked without error in the previous upload.

There are always an issue with the data in the first line, even if the data (with same format)  was unpacked without error in previous upload.

Could you please help with this issue?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Is there some kind of External File Template Control set-up on the first row, in that template, that is causing this?

Badge +3

Hi Cynthia,

I have checked and there is no External File Template Control on the fisrt row.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

You must setup external file template control.

Go to external file template. Input File tab and click External File Template Control

In the detail window add a new line and do the setup like below. In control string column put your value from 1st column of your file. Pay attention to match case. Enter exactly the same.

In next upload, IFS should skip first line.

Hope this helps