Question

External Customer Payment

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hi everybody, 

I would like to import an external customer payment and match the information with an invoice by creating a mixed payment. 

Basic data : 

Create a template 

Create a Payment Format ID ; Create Payment Method and set payment method per institute and external payment parameters

When we do that we can import correctly the CSV file and this file will be generated in the path menu External Payments : 

When i check the detail i don't have a matching with the invoice and i miss the information 

If someone know the setting to do? I think we have some setting to do in the path menu external payment parameters but i don’t know how to do it correctly. 

Thank in advance for your reply, 

Best Regards,

Jeremy

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Jeje , We you able to solve your problem? If so, appreciate it if you can provide the solution. Because, I am too facing this issue currently and don’t know the way to resolve it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @DarshiG

Yes I solved the problem. I used the file type : ExtMixedPayment with the template “MXP” that i have duplicate. 

Now i can match directly/automaticaly my file with the invoice and create a mix payment. 

Thanks for your reply! 

Best Regards, 

Jérémy  

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Jeje Thanks a lot for your prompt reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Jeje , I would really appreciate it if you can share the screenshot of the MXP template which you defined.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, 

For sure, here you are Sir : 

Example of excel file (CSV) : 

Process with the external file assistant 

Your file is transfered if there is no error and you will find it on this path menu below : 

Then you will be able to create a mixed payment 

Basic Data : Create a Payment Format ID ; Create Payment Method and set payment method per institute 

Best Regards, 

Jérémy

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear @Jeje  ,  

Thank you for helping today.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, it helped me setup the payment file successfully.

Have you had a scenario where there is a single payment for multiple invoices? if so, how was the upload file configured and was there a change in the file template?

Regards

Pamith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Pamith, 

Did you try to set multiple invoice lines (detail line on the CSV file) and then to import the file on IFS? 

I know that if you want in your file import few customer payment invoice, you have to create one line H fot one line D. Example : 

With the screenshoot up you will have 2 customer payment on IFS.  

So if for one payment you have multiple invoice i think that you have to test one line H - Head and then 2 or 3 or X lines D - Details. 

Best Regards, 

Jeremy, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Jeje  Have you tired uploading a direct cash payment using the same method. If you did can you advise how you setup the external payment parameters.

Badge +3

Wanted to add some info to this conversation about one payment that covers multiple invoices that I found helpful

...If several invoices are included in the matching reference, the first invoice, identified in the matching reference, determines the customer for the payment. Subsequent invoices in the matching reference are matched only, if the invoice belong to the same customer ID.

Would love a direct message if anyone is interested in comparing notes on the more complex matching. 

Attaching a PDF that may be helpful.