Question

External check upload template

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear Experts,

I uploaded the US Check template for customer payments successfully( CUP_USCUSCHK). However , I couldn’t upload the invoice number for the respective check payments though I added ‘INVOICE ID’ to External File Template and External File Column Definition windows. I would appreciate it if you could assist me in uploading the ‘Invoice Number’ successfully. Please refer to the screenshots below.

Thank you.

13 replies

Badge +2

@DarshiG , were you able to resolve this?  I have the exact same problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

You need to give in the file invoice no (not invoice ID) and series ID to have perfect match. 

If your series ID is CD and invoice no is 20220001 then you should have CD20220001 in invoice reference column of your upload file.

Hope this helps 

Badge +2

Thanks @gumabs .  On your External Payment Parameters, Definition of Identifiers tab...how do you have that set up, if you don’t mind sharing?  And what about the Message Codes tab?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

Message codes are not needed for this payment method. Message codes are generally used with electronic payment methods like MT940 etc.

this is how my definition of identifiers look like,

I am not using the standard external file CUP_USCUSCHK because it is fixed format. So I created my own format that works with csv. I created a new payment method working with this file template. See my template below.

Hope this helps

Badge +2

@gumabs ...Good information!   I’ll adjust my template and see what happens.  Thanks so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @orscdpierce 

Good luck with your setup. Please mark my message as solution after you test and it works :)

Thank you

Badge +2

@gumabs , I’m missing something, apparently.  No matter what I do, the value I say is Invoice Number ends up in Payment Reference on the External Payment and nothing goes to Series ID or Inv/Prepaym No.  Do you see anything wrong with this?  I can add currency and other columns, but Invoice Number just won’t go.  (In the sample, the 1st and 4th lines aren’t good data, but the 2nd and 3rd lines should go.  I’ve tried with just the two good lines, doesn’t make any difference.)

Badge +2

It even looks good on External File Transactions.  (see the bottom of the image)

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

Enter invoice series and number together as one field. SX1077087098

Try like this

Badge +2

10 is the invoice series, 77087098 is the invoice number.  (The input file is generated as SUPPLIER payments from a different company number to be imported into this company as customer payments.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

There is something wrong with your file.

You are issuing invoice from company 77 to company 75. Your invoice ID is 10-77087098.

I am reviewing your file and you are trying to upload to company 75 with supplier ID SUP77.

Are you sure of the file is correct? If you issue invoice from company 77 then you have to upload to 77.

Your external file and external payment parameter setup are correct. Your upload file must be redesigned I think. I understand what you mean by that the file is generated as supplier etc. But you have to generate in a correct way that IFS can find the invoice in company 77.

Badge +2

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the file.  As you can see in the previous screenshot, the import correctly brings in as Invoice Referece 1077087098, which is a company 77 invoice series and number.

I gave up on using invoice number and just added the actual invoice ID (versus number) to the input file, as recommended by another contributor.  Works like a dream.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @orscdpierce 

I am glad you resolved your issue.