Solved

Error when closing the period in User Groups per Period Window

• 11 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

We are getting this error ‘ You cannot change the status on this period 4 it exists in Period Allocation table’ when trying to close this period. We are getting the same error when we using IFSAPP credentials as well.

Do you have any idea why this error coming and how to fix this?

Please advise me.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 11 November 2021, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge +14

When I investigate further, I noticed that there are several records in period_allocation_tab for this company, year, period and the user group. I really appreciate if there are any suggestions to overcome this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Has GL been updated for the related periods and are all vouchers for the period (periods) at approved status / ready for GL update? 

When performing a period allocation the related accounting periods need to be open for the given user group.  If those transactions are incomplete (for example the vouchers not updated to GL) you will have problems when closing the periods. 

If new to IFS a period allocation can “allocate” cost or revenue over multiple accounting periods - for example an insurance expense of 6,000 can be allocated over 6 periods at 1,000 per month.  This is a user triggered option. 

Badge +14

Hi @Thomas Peterson, Thank you for the quick response.

Yes I found there is an erroneous voucher in Vouchers Analysis window with the same voucher number which I saw in period_allocation_tab as well.

Thank you very much for the guidance.

Badge +14

Hi @Thomas Peterson, Even though the voucher numbers are same, period is different in the record in Vouchers Analysis. And there is a record with period 4 in GL Vouchers Analysis as well.

Could you please explain this as well. Will we be able to solve this issue, if we update the remaining erroneous voucher into GL voucher once we fix the error of that voucher?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You should make sire all vouchers no longer have errors.  and sent to GL. 

The F voucher listed could potentially drive the  creation of a period allocation.   For example if I allocate the revenue from a customer invoice over multiple periods - the X type vouchers would be created.     

Regarding the voucher in error you should be able to see the reason for the error in the voucher entry screen. 

In IFS vouchers - a unique record is a combination of voucher type and voucher number.  The voucher number is only part of the key. For example you can have multiple vouchers 2021000001.   You may have an X 202100001 and F 202100001.   But never 2 voucher type  X with number 202100001 for the same company. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +14

Thank you very much for the clear explanation @Thomas Peterson :blush:

Badge +14

Hi @Thomas Peterson, I have explained the error in voucher in this post with more details. could you please looking to it.