Question

Electronic Invoices (EDI 810) Charges - XML File

• 10 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there a way within IFS to have charges on an invoice show as actual “charges” versus a line item in the INVOIC XML file?  As an example, when an invoice for a customer order with a freight charge, drop ship fee, etc. is printed, the charges show at the bottom of the invoice after the line item; where as the INVOIC XML file for the same invoice shows the charges as an additional line item on the order (see screenshot).  This causes issues when the X12 810 Invoice is generated as the charges are listed as lines versus in an SAC (securities, promotions, allowance, or charge information) segment.  

I checked the XML file for the INVOIC within IFS Apps 9 and there is not a section for charges.  I’m sure other IFS customers must have experienced this at some point so I’m hoping there is a way to correct this without rebuilding the INVOIC XML schema.  

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no currently any specific mapping in xml file to distinguish between an invoice item and a charge item. But you can try different possibilities like:

1. Charge % is used, then this value is retrieved in xml with tag <CHARGE_PERCENT_BASIS>, so it can be a way to identify charge line
  2. You can identify them with specific name or prefix in Catalog_No (Charge Type name)
  3. Also, if you use Customer Part No for your Sales Parts, then charge lines don’t have such info (tags PURCHASE_CATALOG_NO and PURCHASE_CATALOG_DESC).

I hope this helps.