Solved

Does anyone use Posting Controls M121 and M125?

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We currently have some posting that are stuck in Status 99 because we are missing Posting types M121 and M125. The errors happened when we closed out a shop order. Does anyone use these Posting Controls or know what they’re used for? We’ve been using IFS since 2015 and this is the first time these have came up. 

We are on IFSAPPS10 UPD8

icon

Best answer by cperdue 13 January 2021, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sara-

These appear to be a variance reporting from the shop floor.  You will need to go to the posting control for M121 & M125.  It appears it is missing a piece of the mapping.   If these do not default to a fixed value in the control type, you will need to RMB to the details to see what may be missing in mapping.  If the mapping looks correct, check the manufactured part files for missing fields.

I hope this helps.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Sara, (my perspective with only being live for 6 months i.e. a rookie :blush: )

M120/M121 are material variances created when a shop order is closed.  The shop order looks at what was consumed by the shop order to what the recipe structure would call for at standard. To date, I have found these are quantity related; either over/under issue or substitution.  I have the posting type set with Control Type AC1 going to a material usage variance account in our GL.

M122 thru M125 are labor and overhead variances created when a shop order is closed. These variances should only exist if you have actual labor reporting on the shop floor.  The shop order will look at the standard (routing) to determine the standard labor and overhead for that shop order.  It will then compare this to what has been reported and create a variance. I have the posting type set with Control Type AC1 going to a routing variance account in our GL.

This is my current understanding of these posting types.  If someone, with more, experience would like to contribute to my answer, please do as I am always looking to broaden my knowledge of IFS

Hope this helps too,

Mark