Question

Delivery Address and Paying Customer on Project Invoice

• 8 October 2020
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

We use the Project module in IFS.

When we have a Project towards customer X that has a Paying Customer Y (set on customer tab Project Report Parameters) and invoice Project Transactions, the Project Invoice is created on customer Y. So far, so good.

Then we have two different addresses on the invoice, the Document Address and Delivery Address. My problem is that both these can only be fetched from the Paying Customer.

We have multiple scenarios where we would like the Document Address to be from the Paying Customer, but the Delivery Address from the Project Customer.

To get it right on invoices, we right now need to add all Delivery Addresses on the Paying Customer, which is messy in data management perspective.

We run IFS 10 UPD 6, but what I can see from future releases this is not going to be fixed.

Anyone with similar approach? Would like to know IFS thoughts about this…?

This is not a problem in Customer Invoice where you have different options, which feels more developed than the Project Invoice.

Additional question is that LU (logical unit) ProjectInvoice is locked for custom objects, so it’s quite hard to make a workaround - even though the first question in my thread is the solution to solve at first.

Best regards,

Filip Larsson
Consafe Logistics

0 replies

Be the first to reply!