Solved

Customer Repayment sent via Positive Pay

• 6 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All, 

Is it possible to automatically generate a Positive Pay file for Customer Repayments?   

We are IFSAPPS10-UDP15.  

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 7 July 2023, 00:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Yes, a positive pay file can be created for customer repayment checks.  I just did it in apps 10. 

In my test I set the customer repayment check to use the same numbering series as the supplier checks.  My pos pay file included both customer and supplier checks in the same file. 

I ran the external file process to kick off the positive pay file manually.   I did not have the fully automated process enabled, as this would have been triggered based on a supplier check run.   For my test, I simply paid the customer via check, the positive pay file included that check and others that had not previously been sent for positive pay. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Thomas, 

We are trying to process the customer repayment checks separate from supplier checks.   The checks print but there is no positive pay file.  Do the repayment checks need to be combined with the supplier checks?   

Thanks for your quick response. 

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

No, they do not.   Try creating the positive pay file manually via external file assistant.  You can see the external file options such as what is selected / not selected. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Thomas, 

We can use the External File Assistant to generate the Positive Pay file, but it doesn’t update the Customer Repayment Check record.  How does the Customer Repayment Check record get updated if we use the External File Assistant?          

Best regards, 

Mark 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If the positive pay file, selected the appropriate record, it will update that record as positive pay file created. 

Double check your selection options when running the positive pay.  

The template does not matter as much as the file type. The core IFS file type will update the selected records as positive pay. See my sample screen in the previous posting. 

These are the parameters / selection options.   If you are selecting data in this screen, you may be excluding the customer repayment checks.   Blanks will select all.  In the below, I’m selecting all checks that have not previously been marked with a positive pay file being created. 

If your still not successful, log a call center case.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Thomas, 

We were successful creating a positive pay file for Customer Repayment Checks.   Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.   We very much appreciate your time to respond to our inquiry.  

Best regards

Mark  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m thinking that if this topic is solved, then mark it as best answer so it’s marked as solved, and others will not attempt to offer additional solutions. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Thomas, 

Thank you for your assistance.  It is very much appreciated. 

Sincerely, 

Mark