Question

Customer Reminder Email Event

• 22 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Apps10 UPD9 - I have created an event to email customer reminders.  I have the AR CUSTOMER CONTACT setup on the payment tab of the customer.  In the body of the event I have &PDF_PARAMETER1 so I can test to make sure it is working.  There is no value that shows for the parameter.  

Any ideas on what is wrong.  

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Elaineebi,

In the email body you have inserted html tags. Therefore, we have to configure MAIL_SENDER1 according to that.

You need to set the CONTENT_TYPE of the mail_sender that you are using (according to the attachment of yours it seems like MAIL_SENDER1) to text/html. Refer to the following attachment:

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you, it is set that way but still not working.  None of the parameters have a value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Just in case… Double check the AR contact and make sure you have the email address and it’s set as default. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you Thomas, yes the AR Contact is set as stated.  It is the AR Customer Contact that I’m trying to get in the event.  That is what show in &PDF_PARAMTER_1 in the event.  At least that is how I read the documentation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Yes, very true. I’m at a loss to understand why it does not work.  I’ve done this numerous times and it just works. 

Wondering if you need a call center case. 

I am assuming other event actions such as emailing a PO (or invoices) are working correctly.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Thomas, Agreed I have done this many times also.  PO, Invoices all others are working fine.  Thanks for your help.

Elaine

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, Has anyone found a solution to this? it seems like a bug since PDF_PARAMETER1 usually has the customer (receiver) emaill address.

Pamith

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

No, I have not found a solution.  I created a ticket with IFS and they say it should work

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

No, I have not found a solution.  I created a ticket with IFS and they say it should work

Hahahaha It was funny :) Couldn’t they find a solution?

@Elaineebi Can you remove the conditions and check whether the event is firing or not?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We’re experience samma issues here. Please check with IFS again what they say about this. Would be interesting to hear their feedback.

Best regards,

Filip

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Make sure that ‘Use Printout as Output Media’ is not checked on the reminder Template.