Question

customer payment & supplier payment in Aurena

• 19 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello, in IFS app 10 Aurena, where is menu node of customer payment & supplier payment in AR & AP model? 

I can’t find them in Aurena while they are available in EE.

HELP me find that, thank you so much

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Kadory,

Both these options are not available in Aurena. And this has been already reported to IFS RnD with solution ID 277817.  Please see the below reasons why these options are not available. 

“RnD encourage customers to use Mixed Payment to create customer and supplier payments. In order to comply with SOX requirements and the concern brought up by several stakeholders on this, we have now introduced segregation of duties (SOD) for Mixed Payment in combination with Cash Account Transactions Types and User Groups”

Hope this explains why.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you so much!

As a matter of fact, will these options be available in the next Aurena vision?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Kadory,

I don’t think so. They have done this  In order to comply with SOX requirements. Since the purpose of not having these payment windows in to encourage the use of Mixed Payments I believe it will not be available in future either.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Shallk,

Thank you again for your information and Mixed Payment really works!

But there is still a little concern from the difference between these two platform: A user creates a  Supplier Payment in EE without Proved, and he could ONLY prove that bill in EE but NOT in Aurena. 

However, some of our clients will use the EE (i.e. accountant) while others will use Aurena(i.e. finance supervisor), that is to say, the information of the two platforms needs to be exactly equal.

So how could we handle this?

Looking forward for your reply!

Best Regards,

Kadory

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Kadory,

The purpose of this change is to discourage users using multiple windows for payments.

The best practice is using one window to handle all the payments and the mixed payment is the way for that.

Therefore, the solution is adopting to the best practice eventually.

Hope this explains.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.