Question

Customer payment off-set

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear Experts ,

I came across with the customer request to automate customer off-sets with one to one full invoice payments , one payment for multiple customer invoices, partial payments, advance payments , multiple payment for one invoice , Part payments , partly cash payment and partly cheque payment . However , it is not possible to automate customer off-set according to my understanding . However , we might be able to route customer invoices such as partly paid ones , advance invoices on customer wise in the back end . Now , we are considering it currently . Kindly help me with your views on the subject matter  to overcome this customer requirement ?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @XitThejaG,

Have you tried with Customer offset proposals which allow user to perform customer offset in bulk. 

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Usually I use this one 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This customer offset proposal doesn’t seem to do partial applications of payments.   Were you able to successfully run it?   Ideally would like to apply all payments/credits to open items even if a partial application .   IFS doesn’t seem to have this ability unless you do manually which can be time consuming if you have hundreds of customers.   Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

You are right. Using automatic proposal  you can not create the partial offset :(

Additional issue is that you can not provide the real payment date, you have to use sysdate. It is important for interest invoice  calculation.

/Marek