Question

Customer Order Line Not Processing

• 20 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am getting the below error on a customer order. I added the Supplier for Purchase part connected to the Sales Part but it still doesn’t work. We are running Apps 08. Does anyone have any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you check the supplier for purchase part record, is there a conversion factor?  Is the inventory uom the same as the purchase uom (unit of measure)?  What is the Qty Calc Rounding set to?  The default is 16. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The Inv Conv Fact is 1, the Inventory UoM and Purchase UoM are both the same and the Qty Calc Rounding is set to 16 and we are still getting the same error when trying to release the order from the Handle Blocked Customer Orders screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,  This is not a true Finance related issue it’s a customer order / inventory related issue. 

Did you check the UM of the  customer order line compared to the inventory UM / Purchase part / Supplier for purchase part. 

For example assume we sell the part on a customer order in a Box UM.  Assume we inventory and purchase in EA.   Assume we have no mechanism in IFS to convert Box to EA.  Your going to have problems in converting the customer order to the PO. 

Like the error indicates make sure the units of measure can play well together.    The first place to start is to review the customer order UM, inventory UM and the purchase UM. See the Unit of Measure screen and verify that conversions exist and they are correct. 

Per the below example I have a UM of each, and 100, and 1000.    100 is 100 each, 1000 is 1000 each. These UM’s play well together as IFS can covert successfully.

Also depending on the conversion the quantity calc rounding is correct. This is on the inventory part acquisition area. 

Qty Calc Rounding:
You can specify the decimal rounding precision of calculated inventory quantities. The value of this field ranges between 0 and 20. The default value for this field is 16.

This can drive the ability to have partial quantities.  All of this data must play well together   For example if your customer order creates a PO for .1 unit but the inventory does not allow decimals you could have a conflict.   

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you for the response Thomas

I checked the inventory part, sales part and purchase part and they all have the same UoM

I will keep digging around and see what I can find

Thank you,

Carl

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

There are two spaces between "part" and "and" which tells me it's picking up a null part number. That's where I'd go looking.

Qty Cal Rounding for the part ░ and the supplier

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you all for your help!

We added the SFPP and then needed to change the inventory part’s Part Type to Purchased, it was set to Manufacturing. After we did this, we cancelled the orders, reissued and the orders were able to be released and invoiced.

Carl