Skip to main content

Hello,

We have a situation where a customer invoice has not posted due to a non-inventory sales part line being added to the customer order with no price list attached. The order has then been invoiced but not posted due to this missing price list.

The error is: “Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type M30 control type C17 code part A in company”

Posting type M30 shows the price lists and when you go into them, details the ‘Sales Group for Sales Part’ and the ‘Account’ that the cost is allocated to. As there is no price list on this line in question, it has no reference of where to code the cost to in the accounts.

It will not let me amend the line to add a price list, as the order has been invoiced already.

Is there any way I can solve this to allow me to final post the invoice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

As you don’t have a value for C17, you can use (once and controling) this field:

For certain posting types, you can specify a code part value as default and other code part values in Posting Control Details. When a posting is created, the code part value is retrieved, depending on the control type value. If the control type value is missing in Posting Control Details, then the code part value in the Default Value No Details field is retrieved. 

You have to stop posting invoices meanwhile you’re fixing that particular invoice with a Default Account.

Once you post your invoice with errors, you delete the Default value and continue as now 😉

Regards.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

This worked when I put the account code in the ‘Default Value No CT Value’ box and processed the invoices. These have cleared and I have taken the account code out of the box to continue as usual.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Lucy