Question

Customer Invoice Posting error

• 6 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I am trying to post a customer invoice for return order, but getting following error. Invoice.ACCERROR1: Error (invoice XXXXX currency account is not balanced.) While posting invoice CD XXXX. 

I have checked the amounts they are same and it does not seem to be related to Currency type.

Next thing what I think is could be invoice date issue but not sure.

Can you guys please me here.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I believe you are receiving the error message says ‘Currency Amount and not Currency ‘Account’. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

If it is currency amount not balance issue ..There can be many reasons for this error. Most common once are given below…

1. Tax amount in the Invoice Header and Lines are not balances.

Go to the customer invoice and check the tax amount in the header and compare with the tax amounts in the invoice lines. 

1. Discounts.

Go to the customer invoice and check the discount amount mentioned in the line and compare them with the line discount details (which you can get from RMB on the invoice line and selecting ‘Invoice Line Discounts)

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes it is amount. There is no discount for the invoice and also the tax amount matches.

Badge +2

Hi, which is your accounting currency and which is your pararell currency if there is any?

Difference could also be related to customer tax withholding if you are using any or if the exchange rate has 4 digits or more set up, sometimes you get those errors when converting also if you are using a third currency to invoice.

Lets say AccCurr USD Paralell EUR Inv in any other foreign currency.

Have you tried debuging the moment of printing to see if any amount shows up there and find out where is the problem?

Hope this helps , 

Virginia

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What IFS version are you on?  Does the error begin with an ORA-20105?  Could you copy in the exact error message.  Normally out of balance invoices need data repair.  Yes it could be taxes, discounts, or a rounding issue.  With rounding issues, many times the issue cannot be seen in the IFS Application.  A SE is needed to look at the data in the table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This error message is a very generic text - can occur for different kinds of reasons. 

If you want to debug yourself, add 2 oracle triggers to the inv_accounting_row_tab table for the insert and update processes. Triggers’ purpose should be to print table amount columns and posting_type column into a trace table.

By doing so, you can monitor the values of IP2, IP4 and any other postings. Then you can compare the printed values with the actual values of the invoice - just to get an idea where the incorrect amount is.

But for an in-depth analysis you will need to proceed for a support case.

Hope this helps.

/Nalaka