Solved

Customer Invoice Not Available In Offset

• 9 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

We have a situation in our IFS Apps 10 Update 8 IEE environment where our credit department has a debit invoice in a customer account that originally had a payment applied to it, but they rolled back that payment. They then created a credit invoice for the same amount of the invoice and they wanted to do a customer offset to apply the balances. However, the debit invoice is now not showing in the list of invoices that shows as your trying to add it into the transactions tab of the offset. 

I’ve looked at the following in an attempt to troubleshoot:

•  The invoice is not already pulled into any other NotApproved offsets
  •  The offset had the appropriate Series ID on the line that I was trying to pull the invoice into. I even tried with no Series ID.
  •  The rollbacks appear to have been fully completed, and the invoice is showing an open balance again. 

Any ideas of what else could be causing this invoice to not be pulled into a customer offset?

Thank You!

icon

Best answer by gumabs 9 January 2023, 19:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Do you get an error message if you try to add the invoice manually to the offset proposal? That is usually a good way to check what could be the cause of the invoice not showing up.

Badge +3

When I initially try to manually add it in, it comes in at a zero amount, and requires an installment ID. 

There are no values available in LOV for the installment ID field, so I enter 1, and I get an error that the specified installment is not authorized for payment and the payment amount fields become required. 

I try to add in the invoice amount, and then receive this error. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This would make me believe that the invoice is already in status paid (hence the instalment is not showing up because there are no open instalments). Are there any payments against the invoice visible where maybe it’s been already cleared?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

This is a known issue. Navigate to customer installment plan and discounts window for this invoice. You can navigate from Customer Analysis> Find Customer > Select invoice line in Ledger Items > RMB on the invoice line and Customer Installment plan.

Check if there is installment ID for the line. If there is no installment ID, add a new line and enter due date and amount as the 1st line. Set 1st line amount to 0. You can delete installment ID 1 if you want.

Save your record and try to offset now.

Hope this helps

Badge +3

That worked, thank you for your help!