Question

CUPIA posting wrong amount

Badge +2

We have an issue where 3 advanced instant invoices (all different amounts) were created on on one company code.  The cash payments comes in a different company code.  I used customer payments in APP9 to apply the payment.  The customer payment looks correct; however, the CUPIAs that were created, two had the correct amount.  the 3rd amount was $829 short, causing the GL to be incorrect as well.  I tried to roll back the customer payment; however, I receive an error that the CUPIA is in a partly paid state and can’t be rolled back.  Any ideas how to fix this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The CUPIA you tried to roll back appears to have been “partially’ used.   Meaning IFS believes that someone used part of this in another payment. 

You can locate that other payment and roll that back first.    In other words you need to locate where the CUPIA was used previously, roll that back before you can roll back the payment that created the CUPIA 

Best regards

Badge +2

I’m not sure that helps because the CUPIA never used.  It all happened at cash posting and posted to the customer’s account in the wrong amount:

CR. 2181  $14,639

Dr. 2181   $14,369

Cr. 2181  $13,800