Create opening and closing balance in balance sheet - Report Generator

• 13 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

I am about to build a balance sheet in Report Generator. I would like to create three columns; 

• Opening balance (for period)
  • Closing balance (for period)
  • Closing balance (last year period)

How do I create this, choosing which column type? If I choose a “Data column” I am able to choose do a period selection but I don’t know if it is the right way to go. And if it is the right way, how do I create the different periods?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, Karolina,

You did not specify IFS system version you are working. 

I think you are on right track, and perhaps the best thing you can do is to check one of existing/predefined column templates in your system. I guess you will find similar columns in existing templates. 

As far as I remember, in column template you have period selection with option “Fixed” and “Relative” for year and period, so opening balance of period is “Year from” 0 Relative, “Year to” 0 Relative (meaning year of the period specified as report parameter), and “Period From” 0 Fixed, “Period to” -1 Relative - i.e. from opening balance to previous period. 

Similarly for Closing Balance for Period you will have “Period to” 0 Relative (and remaining criteria same) and for Closing Balance for year “Period to” Fixed 12 (if your accounting year have 12 accounting periods and you do not book anything in period 13 except PnL clearing and year end vouchers). You may include period 13 as well, but then your closing balance will be zero for all closed accounting years.

I hope it helps.

Adam

Badge +2

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for your fast reply! We use system version 9upd10.

I will try to solve it as you described.