Solved

Cash Flow Analysis vs. Cash Planning

• 22 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

what’s the difference between the two modules Cash Flow Analysis vs. Cash Planning?

My current understanding is that Cash Planning was introduced in IFS Cloud 21R1 and has the same functionalities then Cash Flow Analysis and is now (22R1) even better/improved.

So, what’s the point in even using Cash Flow Analysis in IFS Cloud? Or in other words why do both still exist? Is it planned to remove Cash Flow Analysis ?

Thanks

Alex

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 14 April 2023, 16:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For any new implementations, I’d suggest customers use Cash Planning. It has more capabilities than cash forecasting (project cash forecasting, multi-company planning, multi-currency reporting, scenario planning, there is a tabular analysis model available for reporting cash planning using tools such as PowerBI, etc.).

I don’t know about the future of cash forecasting, but I advise any IFS Cloud customers to use Cash Planning instead.

It’s very rare that R&D removes functionality (although it has happened) because of upgrade customers and existing processes/reports/historic data they might have using the old module. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Ieva Rituma ,

sorry, for the late reply - yes, that perfectly fits my understanding - however, i wasn’t sure, because both modules having nearly the same functionality.

Thanks
Alex