Question

Capital expenditures (CAPEX)

• 5 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

i am currently looking out for a solution that will get rid of paper work that we are doing in our company. We get the capex approvals on paper by getting signatures from relevant authorities based on amount thresholds and after getting the approvals we create a purchase requisition in IFS and we attach the approved capex document into the PR. then PR again goes for approval . Is there a  way to create capex or capture captial expenses or operational expenses in IFS and based on that generate a PR (Purchase requisition automatically.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m thinking you could use the purchase requisition - purchase authorization functionality - You could have different flows within the approval based on what your requesting (purchase group for example). 

The purchase Req  Authorization has many options for driving the appropriate rule.   

You can then have multiple sign off’s.    

As with any object in IFS you can also include an approval routing that may be outside of the purchase approval process.  For example after a given step in the approval flow - have finance set up a fixed asset object and pre-post the requisition.  Then complete the approval so that the requisition flows to a purchase order. 

If the CAP EX is large then maybe use an IFS Project with approval routing before this is approved.  

The term large would imply the scope of the cap ex rather than the amount.   For example if we have a single purchase, then the purchase req would be good. But if we have multiple purchases over time and or we need other work such as labor / outside resource then project may be best. 

The approval routing can be used for the cap ex approval.   It just depends what we wish to approve / what we plan to use with the approval routing.  Approval routing is one of the object attachments that can be set up in IFS. 

I’m showing master part - but this approval template / approval process can be attached to anything - nearly anything. I’m using this with other IFS clients for the project approval / cap ex approval. 

Object connections is configured in the following screen. 

Best regards, 

Thomas