Question

Cannot post invoices due to error

• 16 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Getting the following error when final posting.  

In the account ‘Exclude Project Follow Up’ setting is set to ‘True’. 

Manual Supplier Invoice> Posting Proposals shows cost postings against the 29120 account with activity sequence.  The PO is pre posted to account 29120  with Projects. 

Should we not pre post activity for the PO? How should we resolve the issue? 

If we set the ‘Exclude Project Follow Up’ to False then the following error appeared. 

This has led  to business events, M187 and M189 are linked to APINVOICE, and the project posting flag is set to include. If we were to amend this it may stop the activity being generated for those lines? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
From the posting proposal screenshot I cannot tell which posting line is related to which posting type. 
I suspect that error related to M187 posting is not related to account #29120.

If you need to post purchase charges to a project, charge must not be distributed, but connected directly to a PO line with project activity preposting. 

Badge +2

Hi Adam,

Following is another screenshot of Posting Proposals having ‘Transaction Code’ included. 

They have surely used preposting in the PO and those details are the ones captured above. Also the M187 posting type has the account 29120 as the default value in the posting control setup. The account is ‘excluded from project follow up’. 

Should they not pre post the project details in the PO? 

In the charges tab of the PO the ‘Connected to’ field is empty as well. 

What solutions do we have going forward to avoid the error message? Appreciate your input. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,
I think I am as well a little puzzled with APINVOICE event design.
From accounting scheme point of view: when you have charges included in inventory value, on receipt posting event ARRCHG is triggered. 

In this event, project activity is charged by M1 posting, and M189 (GRNI account) has project preposting excluded.
Supplier invoice triggers M187 posting type closing GRNI account (debit) where project preposting is excluded.

In case of charges not absorbed in inventory value, rule M65 should trigger, leading to variance account and with project activity (as it charges project again).

I am not sure then, what could be reason to trigger couple M187/M189 on supplier invoice. I can see postinmg type M277 triggered, does it mean your order and invoice is in different currency?
Can you show here posting amounts and currency code together with posting type? I am trying to figure out correspondence between debit and credit posting lines.  

Badge +2

Supplier is different from Parent PO to receive goods and from invoices created for Charge lines. The invoices created for charges are for different suppliers. 

The PO is created in USD and Manual Supplier Invoices are created in GBP.

Following is a screenshot taken from cost postings tabs in the posting proposals window for the respective manual supplier invoice. The PO has 2 invoices by total and same behaviour in both. I filtered postings to account 29120

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
In this last screenshot, we can see project activity present in both M187 and M189 postings. It matches then the couple 

I guess these lines are triggered against M277 line, with currency swap. 

Looking at this, if we would like to have same account used in this M187/M189 postings, account should have project requirement set to Can, Excluded from Project follow-up to FALSE (unchecked) and and we should make sure that project code and activity id is used together (either PO line preposting and project preposting is excluded - on debit M187 line above, and we should be able to leave project code empty on this posting; or PO line preposting and project preposting is included and we should have project code together with activity).

I think you have shared here screenshot of different POs and invoices, because project code is different each time. 

Badge +2

Apologies and you should only consider project 100488 at the moment. 

We actually unchecked the ‘Exclude Project Follow Up’ setting and tried but we encountered with the following error. But I believe the account setup has been done for a reason it should not be changed unless needed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
If account is excluded from follow-up, it means it is not considered as cost/expense/charge of a project - we should not have project activity there. If project is fetched from PO, it goes together with activity, so we should have empty project here. 

Looking at the screenshot:

I think project and cost center in line 1 came not from PO preposting, but from posting control or codestring completion. 
Once again: Account used in M187 posting type will be posted by invoices both with and without project activity, so project code cannot be mandatory here and it must be populated by PO preposting exclusively