Question

Cancel / Rollback Posting Method Error

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

We have a number of error transactions generated over the last couple of days with the below error message:

Cancel/Rollback Posting method is set to Reverse in Company PGL. Therefore, it is not allowed to create a voucher with correction row(s).

It isn’t one that I have seen before and it looks like the transactions have come from internal inventory transfers so i’m not sure how to correct it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA Georgina 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Georgina.mitchell 

Please check this thread and the temporary fix. It might be helpful Cancel/Rollback Posting method is set to Reverse

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Zuha,

Thank you for sending this through, I was tempted to try changing the method on the company myself however I didn’t want to risk causing issues elsewhere.

Thanks,

Georgina

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It’s safe, however it would be best to make the change off business hours or when transactions are few.  Then change the setting back when done.  

I’ll post the previous reply below. 

Hi, 

I would suggest that you log a call center case.  I would say that’s a bug (but I’m a consultant not R&D).  I’ve seen this at a client and in an internal R&D environment. 

To fix, (temporary fix) go to company / accounting rules and change this setting.  Process the erroneous transactions to GL then change the setting back.  Timing of this “temporary” change is important as you probably don’t want other transactions affected by this company setting change.  In other words, don’t make the change and leave it that way for days / weeks. 

If you log a case, and need assistance, ping me. 

In certain parts of the world, IFS is set up with a correction type setting. In this setting, certain transactions are entered as a negative debit.  

For most parts of the world, we would never use IFS that way.  

However, it looks like some fix caused this issue, and IMO some correction to a previous code change needs to be considered. 

Hope this helps.