Solved

Can we connect a Site to 2 Delivery Address of a Company

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

Can we connect a site to 2 different address of a Company?

If yes, request you to please help me on this

Thanks,

Rakesh

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 26 August 2021, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Rakesh,

We cannot connect 2 delivery addresses for a site. Only one delivery address and one document address can be connected, which will be used default for goods receiving to that site. For an example, for a PO, the default delivery address will be the one defined in the site of that PO. But, still we can change the delivery address of that PO to a different address (delivery type) of the company of that site.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Rakesh in IFS10, the delivery address ID of the site used to specify the default delivery address where purchased parts shall be delivered. The address ID must be specified if you want to create purchase requisitions or purchase orders from the Order Proposal or to create purchase orders from requisitions. You can select the from the LOV in Site / Extended Site Info / Delivery Address to which delivery addresses that are entered in the Company/Address will be fetched through LOV. For an address to be a delivery address it should be of type Delivery in the General Address Info tab. You can manually change the information in this field by using the List of Values to select among the delivery addresses for the company.

So no, you cannot have 2 active delivery addresses for site at once. But you can change it time to time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @ThushAsanka 

So in that case if in Company level, I have assigned one address identity as “ Delivery” address & other address identity as “Document” address.

In Site level, I want to connect both the address identity. Is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Rakesh ,

Yes, you can connect one of the Document type addresses (defined in the Company addresses) to the site as the default Document address for that site. 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ThushAsanka apologies, your first answer only appeared after I replied on the thread, hence I had literally said the same thing :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Enhancement idea:

in our site, we have distributed buildings for manufacturing, all in the same village pretty nearby.

Our warehouses are equally distributed in those buildings and manage the receiving process. Therefore we have a requirement to handle different delivery addresses on purchase orders.

Currently, purchasing needs to do this on every order.

Suggested solutions:

Option 1:

• define a default delivery address for a supplier - site relation
    this could be done in Supply Chain Matrix per Site /from external supplier

Option 2:

• Define a default receiving location on part level (already exists)
  • Connect a site address to the receiving location
  • fetch the address of the receiving location of the part to the purchase order line

Option 3:

• a combination of Option 1 and Option 2,
  • that means if option 2 is not defined, use definition from option 1, 
  • if both is not defined, use default delivery address defined for the site

Maybe this can be added to the idea wall by somebody having access.

Thanks