C79 in to IFS

• 19 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 26 replies

Hi all ,

Does anyone have idea about how to enter form C79 in to IFS ? C79 is an imported goods before you can recover the VAT as input tax. Please help 

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 21 June 2021, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Theja ,

I have found this information through a previous query about C79.

C79 is related to the sales part on the RMA line. There are other control types that have been duplicated for RMA like (C13 and C65). C79 is connected to those posting types that are used only for RMA even orderless RMA lines. It is not possible to connect both C15 and C79 to the same posting types.

Hope the above information will be helpful to you :)

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Theja ,

I have found this information through a previous query about C79.

C79 is related to the sales part on the RMA line. There are other control types that have been duplicated for RMA like (C13 and C65). C79 is connected to those posting types that are used only for RMA even orderless RMA lines. It is not possible to connect both C15 and C79 to the same posting types.

Hope the above information will be helpful to you :)

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @Theja ,

In case you are referring to UK 79 Vat form, I have following information for you.

When businesses import goods to the UK, you're able to claim back import VAT paid only after issue of a C79 import VAT certificate by HMRC.

1.First You need to create a Supplier as "HMRC" in IFS system.

2.Configuration of separate tax codes to indicate tax transactions with or without C79 – these codes should also be included in the tax template for VAT submission.

3.Usually payment for  HMRC for import of goods will be made prior to supplier invoice is received. Therefor, These payments should be made in IFS as Supplier Payments in Advance to the HMRC supplier account. ( Supplier payment from mix payment window )

4.Then , Once you get Supplier Invoice , it should be entered as a standard invoice from outside of UK (i.e. no VAT recorded) using the C79(No tax% ) tax code (this will ensure zero VAT is recorded in tax transactions, but the base amount is intact).

5.afterwards, When you get C79 certificate from HMRC, it should be entered as a supplier invoice against the HMRC using the C79(With tax %) tax code. The tax amounts should be adjusted to ensure the invoice is treated as VAT-only.

6.Once finally posted, the C79 certificate amount can then be matched against the previously made direct payments to HMRC, via functionality such as “Supplier Offset”

Anyway , if you have further concerns, it is better if you create a case for IFS Support., in order to verify the process with UK regional specilist. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Xavier Fernando  This means a lot. Thank you.