Question

Business Reporter Repeaters

• 14 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

I am trying to recreate a multi company P&L report in BR that repeats by reporting entity in the same tab.

I have a consolidated P&L that we already use that I was hopeful I would be able to convert by add a repeater onto the whole section of rows that make up the P&L however it doesn’t seem to work.

What are the rules for adding repeaters to a number of rows? And can they still be used if you have non design rows in the section?

Thanks,

Georgina 

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Georgina.mitchell ,

Yes you can use non- design items as reporters in Business reports.  When adding the repeater make sure you check the correct start and stop position. Because it can change the rendering for the report.

also check the filter criteria of the report and see how it setup in each level including report book and report sheet levels.

there might be some filters which restrict the data to repeat as intended.

Kind Regards!

Niyomal. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Niyomal,

Thank you for coming back to me and confirming that it is possible.

When I highlight the rows I want to repeat, the option to add a repeater is greyed out, is there something that needs to be included in the starting / ending cell to allow the rows to be included?

Thanks,

Georgina

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Georgina.mitchell ,  

I hope you are selecting the rows as mentioned below. if you can provide a screen picture on of the issue that would be helpful.

Kind Regards!

Niyomal.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Niomal,

Yes I have been trying to select the entire section of rows as below:

But the option to add a repeater is greyed out.

Thanks,

Georgina 

Badge +1

HI, 

Select Each one of the Design Row Separately and Add the Repeater, Highlighted below for your Reference. 

Thanks 

Reddy

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Reddy,

Won’t that repeat each individual line but entity rather than repeating the entire report?

Thanks,

Georgina 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Niomal,

Yes I have been trying to select the entire section of rows as below:

But the option to add a repeater is greyed out.

Thanks,

Georgina 

Hi @Georgina.mitchell ,

problem is you are trying to select the headers (manual entries) those cannot be added as a repapers unless it is combined with some data item from the information source ,

if you want to create a same report reputedly for different entities,  I would recommend you to add a sheet repeater instead.  by adding sheet repeater, you can have a separate  sheet per entity in the same report.

for example, if you have 5 reporting entities then you can have a sheet repeater and there will be 5 sheets  and each sheet will contain data per entity.

in that way it will be more clearer for data as well.

Kind Regards!

Niyomal

Badge +1

Hi Georgina, 

The BR designer will work based on the selection on the Design pane, 

Upon Selecting a Row/Column - Then Row/Column Designer Options will be enabled. 
         Selecting a Sheet - Sheet Repeater Option will be enabled. 

Selecting a Cell - Cell Design Option will be enabled.

I can help if needed You can send a meeting Invite to my Mail ID. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Niyomal / Reddy

Thank you for coming back to me.

I am very familiar with sheet repeaters as we use them on a number of reports, however for this particular report we want all of the companies on one sheet so it can be used as a base for our consolidated forecasting.

It looks like the method I am trying to use will not be possible so I will go back to the drawing board.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Georgina

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Georgina.mitchell I was able to get something like below by editing the start and stop of the repeaters. so the same data set is repeating depend on the start and stop line numbers.  To understand this just think it as a nested for loop  (bit technical).

column A represents the companies  and other columns are account/ description and balance in this scenario.

in between that we have credit balance and debit balance too 

Hope this Helps.

Kind regards!
Niyomal