Question

BACS File

• 24 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Is there a way to get a copy of the last supplier BACS file produced by IFS?

If so, can someone guide me to the screens or process for retrieving this please.

Regards

Shaun

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Shaun, long time no speak. I hope you are keeping well.

In the Bank institute, you can right mouse click and go to payment method per bank institute. You can then check there are a column specifying the folder of the history file.

Hope it helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I haven't used BACS files but In supplier payment order, you see open orders. In case you need to regenerate a payment file you can do it from that view, RMB repeat media output. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Shaun,

There is a quick way of viewing the historical BACS file from the location Dedi mentioned.

Go to Cash Book/ Analysis/ Historic Payment Files

You can select the relevant record and use Right Mouse Button option to quickly view the file.

@Andreas_M 

The above option will not re-generate the file like in repeat media output option. The repeat media option is very useful when the original file is corrupted or when you want to make an adjustment to the already delivered file. But, the payment order line will be vanished when you execute the payment. When you want to view the file after payment creation,  there are two options.

1. Go to Historic Payment Files window and view the file. (Note that this option is only available for text file based payment format like BACS)
  2. Go to Payment File Trace Information window and view the file details (available since APP8).

Best Regards

Eranda