Solved

Automatic matching for intercompany supplier invoice

• 16 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello,

I'm having issues with regards of automatic matching when doing intercompany invoices in IFS.

If the check box "Create when checked" is not ticked in the external supplier invoice parameters, I have to create the invoice manually when the invoice is loaded and the invoice is automatically matched with the PO as expected (through posting proposal).

As my customer is willing to automate all the steps, I'd like to do the process where the invoice is "created when checked", to avoid manual creation. The invoice is indeed created with no errors but it seems like the system doesn't find the receipt. Thus, the automatic matching is not automatically completed, whereas the PO was indeed fully receipted.

My posting proposal status is "cost invoice" and in the invoice lines I can see the PO reference and not the PO receipt (which I can see when the invoice is created manually from the screen: External supplier invoice load information, after being checked automatically).

Please note that I manage to perform the manual PO/invoice matching with no issues for the same invoice.

(I'm using Apps10)

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any tips?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 3 May 2021, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Ghita Rais ,

Could you kind check whether the Receipt reference fetch to the Supplier Invoice differs with the Actual receipt Reference in the receipt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Ghita Rais

The reason for not automatically matching the Supplier Invoice could be due to fact Receipt reference fetch to the Supplier Invoice differs with the Actual receipt Reference in the receipt.

In the Intercompany Supplier Invoicing flow there was a correction done long time back to fetch the receipt reference from the Delivery note number in customer order in order to automate the PO matching process when the Matching Level is PO Receipt. The Bug id is 92568. You can refer the test plan 2 of the bug description.

Once the Goods were delivered, an Incoming Dispatch Advice was generated where you can receive the Goods. In the receiving dialog, the receipt reference number will be automatically fetched which will  be similar to Delivery Note Number. 

Once the Goods were delivered in the Customer Order, the next step would be to send the Customer Invoice. Once the customer invoice is sent from the Supply Company, a Supplier invoice is generated in the Customer Company. If the Supplier is set up with the matching level as PO Receipt, the Delivery Note ID is fetched as receipt reference of the invoice header. This is done via the above mentioned bug. 

If Receipt Reference was changed in the actual Receipt and if it is difference from the Receipt Reference in Supplier Invoice which is Delivery Note Number , then supplier invoice will not be automatically matched. Then you have to perform the PO matching manually.

If you have not changed the receipt reference when the Goods are received, then the supplier invoice will be automatically matched. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ghita,

As a quick fix, you could setup the scheduled job that automatically matches the PO with the Invoices.

/Arend

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Arend,

Thank you for your reply. We managed to figure out what was happening. As it is an intercompany workflow, the order type was set up to automate all the steps including creating the customer invoice and sending the customer invoice. Hence, the supplier invoice related to it was created before reception through dispatch lines, that is why the matching was not automatic.

We will probably set up the scheduled job to automatically match the PO with the invoices  as you recommended or set up the scheduled job that automatically prints the invoices.

Thanks for the help

Ghita

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Xavier Fernando ,

Thanks for the detail explanation above.

I am trying set up PO matching on “Receipt Level” due multiple delivered are coming for Intercompany PO.

I get the Del Note No in my Receipt from Incoming Dispatch Advice as Receipt Reference.

But I do not get the  Receipt Reference/Del Note No in External Supplier Invoice Header or Lines in the receiving company, to do the correct matching.

Internal Supplier PO matching level set to “Receipt Level”. Internal Customer is set with Message Class “INVOIC” with Media Code “E-Invoice” for sending invoice.

Do you know what could be wrong here?

We are using Apps 9.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GayanD ,

Ideally Receipt level should work. When it comes to Manual supplier invoice you created, at header, when you press LOV for “Receipt Ref” ,  do you get receipt Reference same as ones receievd under Incoming Dispatch Advice ? if it is yes, matching should work. otherwise i believe Receipt references should be equal system to work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

Yes, I can manually add the Receipt Ref from LOV.

Main issue is that same does not come in, from customer invoice sent.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

I tried with Media Code MHS and it worked. So, it does not work with E-Invoice.

Thanks