Solved

APPS 9: External Custom Invoice Upload - How can i upload an invoice with 2 rows?

• 7 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We load invoices to IFS using the external customer invoice load assisant.

However, we have an issue were we have invoices with 2 rows (Product line and charge line). It doesnt like as it sees the invoice ID on there twice and gives an error.

Is there a way of uploading the rows but having the same invoice ID?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by MKG019 10 June 2021, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What File template and record type file you are using, HIPT or A type.

If you are using A type record then in the file template "Allow Multiple line"  create detail function set as default TRUE or pass the same TRUE in input file and then upload the file.

If you are using HIPT then based on I line item id you will be able to create the posting P and Tax T line easily.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Great sounds good

Am currently using A type

Where do i find the ‘Allow Multiple Line’ function?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Go to detail tab 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

see the attached file with sample data

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Few corrections sample file is of Supplier Invoice and not of Customer Invoice.

Regards,

Mukesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Okay i followed the same setup, added the MULTIPLE_LINES_ALLOWED in the template:

But still when load the file, the 2nd lines are ignored giving me a single line invoice.

Does there need to be a ROW ID in the input file?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

It works with item id and row id combination (in template details ) i.e. if you have 2 invoice & posting line you can add item id 1 and 2 in two line and keep Row id empty and if you have 1 invoice line and multiple posting line you can add item id 1 and in Row id 1, 2,3 respectively till posting gets balanced.

Attach is one example of 2 invoice line and posting line sample file.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for your help. I now have an issue where the invoice header takes the first line from my input file, ignores the second line (Same INVOICE, different ROW ID)

I want the header line which has the same invoice no. to be a total of the two lines.

Am i able to do this as part of a function??

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Dont worry, my mistake i found that i was using ROW ID when i should have been using ITEM ID!

Thanks for your help