Question

AP AR netting

• 27 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are using APPS9.

Is anyone using the AP/AR netting functionality?  We want to start using the netting process but we are trying to figure out how to let the supplier know that we have netted one of their AR invoices against their AP check. We would like to identify, the AR invoice that was used in the offset, on the supplier remittance advice without having to do it manually so that the supplier is aware that the netting has taken place.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I am in Apps 10 so this may not apply to Apps 9.  

Are you using the create proposal/pay order to apply the netting?  Do you already have the events sending pay advice to the supplier?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi cperdue

Thank you for the quick response.

I created and Approved the Netting first, then created the supplier payment proposal - acknowledged the proposal, then created the Payment order and then created the check payment.

The remit advise that we print and send with the check only shows the Net amount of the supplier invoice (original supplier invoice amount less the AR invoice that was netting against it).  the remit shows only the supplier invoice number and does not reference the fact that we netted the AR invoice against the supplier invoice. We would like to refer both supplier and customer invoice numbers whenever we use Netting.

Is there something in my process that i have missed or maybe in the wrong order?

thanks

Rob

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey, Rob -

You may try not netting prior to the payment proposal & order.  There are options within the pay proposal process that allows the show of available netting/credit options:

I ran a pay order that had a credit balance and it showed both credits and the payment on the check stub:

I hope this helps.

Christy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Christy

I really appreciate your assistance on this.

In your example - is Invoice # 4 for -75.00 a customer invoice that you can now apply against the supplier payment?  The documentation that i have shows that a supplier and customer can be connected via a common association number on the supplier record, and check box for Allow netting must be checked.

If this is a customer invoice for 75.00, what status does it need to be in to be picked up the the supplier proposal and/or the Payment order?

I tried your example above but i still not see an associated customer invoice for netting on the supplier proposal or the pay order.  Note that the supplier and customer are connected via a commom association number and the allow netting check box is checked in the supplier record.  Also, I did not create a Netting this time, and the customer invoice that i am trying to offset is in status PostedAuth.

Thanks

Rob

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey, Rob -

Both of the invoices (one is a credit) are for the same supplier number - not an associated customer/supplier relationship.

The screen shot I sent was found in the proposal creation.  It sounds like there may be an option within mixed payment features that I am not familiar with.

I was hoping  this would work for you.

Christy