Question

Amount Rounding

• 27 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

One of our users has an issue when trying to enter an amount in Customer Check - Matching window.

When they enter an amount with decimals under Pay Amount in Pay Curr or Pay Amount in Acc Curr, then click Tab or move the cursor to a different cell, the amount is rounded off.

The issue is not generalized, only 1 of our users has the problem.

Has anybody seen this behavior? 

Thank you,

Cora

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Taking a guess, I would believe this is due to the users regional settings in the options. 

Send image of how this is set up for that user.  

To get to options see the upper right side of the top area in your version of IFS, use the drop down to the options. 

Do not make changes, just send the screen, then I can look at the settings. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Thomas,

It’s not the Regional settings, as you can see the $12 is shown as 12.0000000, you can also see the Regional settings below.

She has access to multiple companies, and for the US companies the amount stays as 11.75, but for Canadian companies the amount is rounded to 12.00 (below you can see the transaction for the same user, but for a US company).

I tried same transaction using 2 other users, but for them the amount is correct in both US and Canadian companies.

I also tried clearing her Personal profile, but the issue still persists. 

Cora

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I kind of recall similar along time ago. At least a few years ago. 

Try this.   Do same test / same user but different PC.   Long ago, I  had seen similar issue, but when the PC was changed, we found the issue was tied to that PC. Don’t recall how we fixed. 

Try that quick test on a PC that is known to work for the same test. 

Regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Tried the transaction on my computer, using her account, and other 2 users’ account. For everybody works, except for her :)

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the time you take to answer the questions on community, I always look for your name when I am trying to solve an issue because you give very high quality and practical solutions.

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Now I need to think a bit more on this.   Are you using Citrix or some other emulator / connection?  For example log into a Citrix server? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I don’t know details about the server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Ok, 

I know this does not fix the issue - I have to ask.    Nearly all of my clients (if not all my clients and most of my coworkers' clients) stopped using customer check for payment entry long ago starting 2004.  Only a few consultants I know, still suggest customer check - they just have not adapted. 

Over the years we found mixed payment to be far better.  You still do a customer check but do it in mixed payment. The caveat to this is you need to arrange the columns in mixed payment to better match data entry.  In MP, you enter a customer payment, and doc series and doc number.  That causes IFS to see this as a customer check payment. 

Several benefits - 

One cash app process. You can do everything in mixed payments.  Zero payments, non AR cash, offsets - everything all in the same screen. 

No more cashing the checks - mixed payments cashes the checks at approval. 

Mixed payment still creates a customer check record, you just do it in mixed payment. 

Better / more friendly process - enter records save - get coffee, take a call, go back in and complete.  

It does into solve the issue but maybe you don’t need to fix the customer check screen. use a better process. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Thanks for the kind words… 

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the time you take to answer the questions on community, I always look for your name when I am trying to solve an issue because you give very high quality and practical solutions.

Best regards