Solved

Advance payment on customer orders

• 22 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi!

I am trying to set up a “advance payment” Payment term to use for sales. My plan was that when the order is completed the invoice would be printed and sent to the customer immediately but shipping would not be possible (end up in blocked customer orders).

I have set up a Payment term with 0 days to due date, but it still seems that shipment is still processed in some cases. 

do anyone have any suggestions on which other things I have to review and fix for this to work...

icon

Best answer by Rangi Wijewardana 23 June 2021, 08:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @FrBergsten ,

I’m quite not clear on issue but In case , if you want to figure out, how to stop creation of shipment from customer orders, you can check below points.

Each customer order’s Delviery information tab have data as how system was defined to create shipments to that particular order.

And these data are fetched from customer window ( As per address identity ), 

Finally when it comes to shipment type , as follows it is defined;

Hope this helps you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Xavier!

Not exactly the answser to my question (as you said you were not 100% sure about my question), but actually  helped med with another question that I had, so thanks for that.

My question was more related to the payment term, and not the delivery term. If we use payment term “AP” (Advance Payment), i want the Invoice to be issued at order release, but i want the order to be blocked for shipment until the invoice is fully paid.

I was woundering if we have set up the payment term incorrectly in some way (besides the obvious spelling mistake)

Or if there is some issue with the setup of credit limit information on the customer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The Advance invoice full payment check can be activated by selecting ‘Adv Inv full Paid Check’ check box at Customer/Order/General tab

Upon releasing the order and upon reserving the lines, a check will be performed to ensure that all connected advance invoices are fully paid before you can proceed with the processing of the order.

If the check is failed, the order will be blocked.

For the inter-site order flow, this will be checked for the external order as well, as long as the external customer has this check box selected and the external credit check is selected on the credit control group attached to the internal customer.