Solved

Advance Invoice greater than CO Invoice

• 22 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 14 replies

I have problems with an advance invoice that is bigger than the connected Customer Order Invoice.

This happened when Customer order was created, Advanced invoice was created and sent to the customer.

Thereafter the price for an item on that order was decreased. Order released, shipped. When the invoice is to be created, a posting error is displayed:

“ORA-20105: Invoice.ACCERROR1: Error (Sum of offset amounts 10000 cannot exceed gross amount of customer invoice 9500!) occurred while booking Invoice CD 220000074.”

According to help text, “Advance invoices can only be prepared for up to one hundred percent of the total value of the order”, in this case the advance invoice is about 105%.

I cannot post invoice. Any option to get these posted are of interest, preferably with the difference as POA.

Best Regards
Denny

icon

Best answer by deolse 28 September 2022, 06:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it possible to cancel the original invoice (the advanced one)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

As the customer didn’t want to cancel the invoice, I came up with the following solution:

1 - Change the part of the advance invoice to Payment on Account in Mixed payment, then that money can be used to another invoice.

2 - Match the CO towards the Advance Invoice.

This solution was accepted by the customer. Thanks for all effort

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Denny,

Would you mind telling us which version and update are you trying this?

Several bug corrections were done by R&D in this area in the recent past.

However, when I try this in the latest APPs 10 track (on top of update 17), this scenario works without any error. I was able to proceed with the final invoice and the offset happened only up to the reduced amount and the remaining amount can be seen as an open amount in the Customer Payment in Advance (CUPIA) created against the Advance Invoice.

Ideally you should be able to proceed with the Final Invoice without error in this case I beleive.

After that you should be able to use the remaining PIA for another Offset (in Mixed Payment or any other payment window) with a New Order Invoice any appropriate payment transaction with the same customer.

Or else, you have to create a credit advance invoice in case if you are supposed to return that extra money (for 500 in your scenario), make a payment to that and finally offset the credit and debit CUPIA through Mixed Payment or any other payment window.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This was an issue for App9.

The customer was happy with this solution, don’t know if it works correctly in App10.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Denny,

Thanks for the information. May be this would have been then corrected through one of the recent bug corrections in Apps 10.

Regards,

Rajith