Solved

Adding Custom Field in External File Template

• 30 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello.

I have an external file template to upload objects:

We recently created 3 custom fields in the Object window, highlighted below. Now I would like to add these to the external file template, but I am unsure on how to do so.

I would appreciate any assistance on this.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Dhananga Jayatilake 1 May 2021, 13:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @andrei.borromeo,

May I know the Track of the IFS Application which you are using?

A bug fix has been created by RnD in IFSAPP08(bug fix - 110506) for the below issue.

Symptom:
Issue when data is loaded to custom LU

Test Plan:

1)Create a Custom LU and add a few attributes and a Custom Page
2)Go to the Custom Page and add some data
3)Create File Type and File Template (for both input and output)
  =>Here when selecting the view select the base view of the Custom LU under component CUSOBJ
4)Create an input file to add a new record to the LU
5)Import through External File Assistant
  =>"There is no valid check method in package XXXXX_CLP" error appears

Solution:
It should be possible to Input/output data after adding the custom LU without any issue

If you believe that the above issue is similar to your issue, you may report a case to IFS Support to request the bug fix.

Hope this information would help you :relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello Thanushi, thank you for your reply

I had to forward your reply to our IT person and this is his reply:

We are running Apps 9 UPD 13. We are not trying to do an external load to a Custom LU. We are trying to do an external load to a system defined LU with custom fields mapped. FA_OBJECT Import is working and now we are trying to import to FA_OBJECT_CFV.

Does this answer your initial question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @andrei.borromeo,

Thank you for taking time to answer my query. 
I am not very on how to solve this,but I will look into this a bit more and get back to you :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Thanushi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI Andrei.borromeo

Currently, external file templates created using view definitions only support insert/update rows into a single table.

Yet In custom fields implementation, there are two tables involved. RowKey is inserted into the main table and the actual value of the custom field is saved to custom field table and they are referenced through the rowkey column.

If we import an external file with a custom field, same logic should follow. Data related to the original table should be inserted to the primary table (Table of the particular LU) and the custom field value should be inserted to the custom field table and they should be referenced through the rowkey column.

Since There are different types of custom fields (read-only, persistent, reference, expression) supported by the custom objects framework and they have different implementations. I’m afraid, current business requirement is not supported in the Application.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

As explained above due to nature of custom fields your requirement is not supported in IFS Application. Therefore, please contact IFS Consultancy for modification support on this.

Thank you,

Dhananga