Solved

100,000 lines limitation

• 28 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to export more than 100,000 lines to CSV ? Ex for exporting GL at the end of the year in 1 shot.

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 28 October 2021, 13:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

To export large amount of data I would suggest to use Data Migration job and export the file to the DB server. Also to run the Data migration Job as a background job.

This makes the file creation to not go via your client which solves problems with client timeouts etc.

One thing to mention is that you need to involve your DBA to create an Oracle directory in the database to be able to create the file on server.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Another alternative is to use External File Assistant functionality, it’s quick to build and user friendly to execute. In addition, these also can be set up to be saved on server.

1. Create a new external file type based on existing view for GL Voucher Rows
  2. Make sure you select Output option 
  3. Server location can be defined here
    1. But you only need to do this, in case there are so many rows that the process times out before it is complete. I suggest starting without it

1. Then, whenever users want to do this export, use the standard assistant wizzard and follow the steps there
    1. Online process will save the document in the computer
    2. Batch process should be used for on-server output

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I fully agree with IRituma.  External files is very quick / easy way to create a new process. 

I’ve created hundreds of different file types.   After you do it a few times it really can take 1 minute to create a new one external file type and start using it. . 

See other posts on how to create a new external file type and template from a view. You start with external file types screen then use the option to create a new file type and template from a view. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks everyone for your feedback ! I will submit the different ideas to our team.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I completely agree with the previous proposals, but here is a slightly "dirtier" solution. It is possible to change the maximum number in the user profile whatever number, in example below to 200 000 rows. However, this will prevent the user from accessing Options since an error message is displayed in the client informing that the value is invalid. 

My recommendations is to only use this if migration jobs or external files are not an option.

Error example:

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @arwid 

I got a similar issue today from a customer. It was reported to Operational Services to investigate and check the possibility. If I come across a possibility I’ll update this as well. But I have small inquiry seen your screenshots. As per the error message it says Value should be between Minimum and Maximum value. can’t we just change all 3 items in the Entry column in the 1st screen shot to 200000 so that it won’t compromise the Maximum and Minimum limit ? Just a thought I didn’t try this.

Best Regards,

Peshala