Question

What is the default address on work orders?

• 3 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When a work order is created, what is the default address assigned to it? Does the address come from the object or the customer?

I know you can assign addresses from the customer or object to a work order but just wanted to know what the default is.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @hmccabe 

If you are referring to IFS FSM Application, When you create a REQUEST, address is fetched from the connected PLACE. In Place record may have connected an ADDRESS with DEFAULT relationship.

Ex:

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the response. More specifically, we are getting an “Invalid Delivery Address Specified” error when trying to generate a work order from a PM Action on a Service Contract. The customer address and serial object address are correct so we don’t know what is causing the error.

Thus the question, what address is being used for work orders. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for the response. More specifically, we are getting an “Invalid Delivery Address Specified” error when trying to generate a work order from a PM Action on a Service Contract. The customer address and serial object address are correct so we don’t know what is causing the error.

Thus the question, what address is being used for work orders. 

Apparently you have placed your question in an incorrect forum (this is for IFS FSM and PSO). I would like to suggest you to raise the same question again on an IFS Application related forum.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

SanjeewaJ Hero

What forum should I be using? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I am not quite sure. Perhaps you can try below