Question

Trigger a business rule through a client script

• 12 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I would like to trigger a business rule through a client script. If this is possible please let me know the syntax.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @LLCJONATHAN 

As far as I know this is not possible.

A business rule is triggered by a change in the business object.

What are your requirements? We may sugest a way to achieve this in other ways.

Cheers!

Badge +1

Hello! 
I would like to implement a legal disclaimer about the information we collect.
The idea is to have a initial screen called legal disclaimer, on this screen I would like to trigger a input XML business rule with a checkbox and agree button. When it’s checked and you click the agree button then the business rule will clear the initial screen on the persons screen.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @LLCJONATHAN 

I am not sure what is “...clear the initial screen...”

If I understood correctly, you can create a XML business rule. 

When checkbox is changed to ‘Y’, run the BR.

BR will run an update/delete xml and clear the relevant field on the person screen?

Cheers!

Badge +1

There is a field under person profile called “Initial screen”. It decides what screen opens when you log in. I would like to use a input xml to make the disclaimer look good instead of just using a normal screen :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @LLCJONATHAN 

It will be easy to clear the screen with a BR as you wish. The process as described in my previous comment.

But the initial screen will still show until the user log out and back in next time.

BTW, happy to see how you do that good looking screen.

Cheers!

Badge +2

Hey @LLCJONATHAN  - I am curious whether you were able to achieve your requirement. I have a similar ask from customer and looking for a solution. 

Cheers!