Solved

Total Cost in Purchase Order - FSM 5.7

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There is a total cost on the Purchase order but it doesnt total anything. I would assume it should total the sum of the unit cost and that could be done with an expression like sum(purchase_detail.unit_cost)

tried it and it doesnt work. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 16 July 2020, 18:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek  - do you have any insight on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

It looks like you might be using a custom version of the PURCHASEORDER screen.  The baseline screen should work.  My guess is that you are doing something where you have either replaced the screen manager assembly (with generic?) and/or you have a custom screen which does not contain the fields which the screen manager (where the total cost is calculated) depends upon.  I checked the baseline client code, and it definitely uses Qty * unit_cost for total cost as we expect.

Check that the baseline screen works as you expect.  If so, I would recommend re-doing your custom screen, deriving it from the baseline screen.  You can also try a merge.

As an FYI, the PO total_cost calculation is now done on the server for FSM 6, so is not affected by custom screen design.  If you’re not already planning an upgrade, I highly recommend it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It looks like you might be using a custom version of the PURCHASEORDER screen.  The baseline screen should work.  My guess is that you are doing something where you have either replaced the screen manager assembly (with generic?) and/or you have a custom screen which does not contain the fields which the screen manager (where the total cost is calculated) depends upon.  I checked the baseline client code, and it definitely uses Qty * unit_cost for total cost as we expect.

Check that the baseline screen works as you expect.  If so, I would recommend re-doing your custom screen, deriving it from the baseline screen.  You can also try a merge.

As an FYI, the PO total_cost calculation is now done on the server for FSM 6, so is not affected by custom screen design.  If you’re not already planning an upgrade, I highly recommend it.

The downsides of taking someone elses pre-existing configuration. Took the baseline one and there it is. Thanks so much!