Question

"The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread" Error

• 10 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

Some transactions are not syncing and changes not being saved on FSM Mobile version 5.7, showing this error 

|ERROR|GenerateNewTaskReceivedMessage|98|EXCEPTION: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010E ((RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD))

Does anyone know the root cause of this error ?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

What sort of infrastructure setup is involved here. Presume the mobile passes through some middle ware or firewall before being sent on to be processed in the database.

It would be best to trace this through that infrastructure as it looks like the thread it is being sent to is not expecting the mobile information.

Has this ever worked or is this a new setup?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

What sort of infrastructure setup is involved here. Presume the mobile passes through some middle ware or firewall before being sent on to be processed in the database.

It would be best to trace this through that infrastructure as it looks like the thread it is being sent to is not expecting the mobile information.

Has this ever worked or is this a new setup?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Error occurs on random times and so far couldn’t recreate it on command. After the error occurs app continues working normally, aside from changes (transactions) not being saved on that moment. Apparently this has been working like this for almost an year, since the customer went live with FSM 5.7. Also, error only occurs on FSM windows mobile app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

Do you have the other information I referred to on my previous post?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

Do you have the other information I referred to on my previous post?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Still in the process of getting those information. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Thanks & best regards,

Hushan Hasarel

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi ,

Can you please elaborate a bit more regarding the transactions that are not getting sync (Transaction types )? There could be so many reasons for this sync issue and This particular error message is new to my knowledge. May I know where did you notice such  error message? (Server logs or console or debug logs).

Would appreciate it if you can share that information as well, along with the exact function.

Best Regards,

Shageesha Prabagaran