Started anbother thread as the previous one was marked as solved.
We have an issue whereby sometimes substitution variables work, and sometimes not. The patterns and findings are as follows:
We have a notification setup to fire upon project.approval_status being updated. The fields that do not reliably work in the resulting notification messages are:
Here are my the findings from testing
- If you change the Approval Status on the Project by directly changing the field on the Project screen. The Notification goes out correctly with all values.
- However, In our application, the Project Approval status is typlically changed via a business rule triggered from TASK. The XML for this rule output looks like this
- This update is then captured via a second Business Rule that send out the Notification (the same rule that send out the notificaiton in step 1 above) However, now, the values User_def1,user_def2 a d created_by are left blank!
- If i run the output XML from the first rule in the XML Poster, i get this result
<place_id>ZZ PLACE ONE</place_id>
<place_id_to_bill>ZZ PLACE ONE</place_id_to_bill>
- NOTE here, the values that are then missing from the notification message are not shown in the XML result! I think this may be the root of the issue.
- So, the question at this stage is why are those fields not shown in the result above? I have checked the Custom Meta data for the Project table and they are defined just like the user_def_dttm1 & 2 that are in the result.
Best answer by MartinFView original