Solved

Stock Min Max

• 8 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

I am trying to use the Stock Min Max function in FSM to automatically set the Min Max levels based on usage.

When setting one months usage on one part line as a test, the part usage returned does not match the part transaction usage therefore giving incorrect results.

Criteria used is a follows:

The Min / Max usage is returned as 656 units:

Yet the Part transactions for one month only totals 61 which is what i would expect.

Can someone please explain why this is as it makes no sense. Is it a bug?

icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 12 November 2021, 07:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello @PirtekKH,

There are situation one Transaction can hold Several quantities mostly if this is a non serial part, for example as below.

So in your case 61 Transactions can include total of 656 quantities which is possible. 

If this is a serial part then One Transaction could include one serial so you can expect 61 quantity but for non serial parts there can be more.

This could be the reason.

Best Regards,

Kasun

Badge +4

Hi @PirtekKH ,

The Min/Max are determined based on a number of calculations and various (system) input parameters. I have listed the calculations below that the system goes through. 

Specified Period = Determine # of  months for the usage calculation

Total Usage = usage calculated specified in the period.

Average Daily Usage = (Total Usage)/(Number of working days in specified period)

→ work calendars are used to determind days in specified period

Monthly Usage = (Average Daily Usage)  x  (Average Number of working days in a month)

→ work calendars are used to determind days in specified period 

Target Minimum = (Lead Time + Safety Supply Rate) x Monthly Usage

Target Maximum = (Lead Time + Safety Supply Rate + Period Supply Rate)  x  Monthly Usage

The lead time, in days, is a value you specify on the part record and on the

stock record.

If the place on the stock record has a “place for stock” relationship to

another place, we assume that you can transfer the stock from the other

place quickly, and so the lead time value on the stock record is used.

If the place on the stock record does not have a “place for stock”

relationship, we assume that you must purchase the stock, and so the lead

time value on the part record is used.

The period supply rate is a value you specify on the stock record. It is the

number of months of stock you want to keep on hand. If this value is not

specified, it is assumed to be one.

The safety supply rate is a value you specify on the stock record. It is the

number of months of stock you want as a buffer in case of increased need.

If this value is not specified, it is assumed to be zero.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the responses.

My takeaway from this is that I cannot use the built in Stock Min / Max function of FSM unless I use serialised parts which is not something we do.

The key issue here is how does the system calculate Total Usage (= usage calculated specified in the period), if my part usage screen says 61 and stock min max says 656 then why the vast difference? What is the system doing to calculate this value?

My understanding from the reference manual is that the values on the part usage screen are summed for the period, see extract  “For the time period specified, usage recorded on the Part Transactions
screen is totaled.”

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Can someone please explain to me how the system calculates Total Usage (= usage calculated specified in the period), if my part usage screen says 61 and stock min max says 656 then why the vast difference? What is the system doing to calculate this value?

Regards

Badge +4

Hi,

Without much details or ability to login it is hard to comment. The usage screen states 61 records found. Qty used is 656.  Could this be a non-serial part where the qty in the 61 records is greater than 1?

Thanks,