Solved

Split allowed not working in PSO

• 25 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have a customer in 23R1 who have all their data for Requests and Resources coming from SAP into IFS Cloud.  All activity types are set to Yes for SPLIT_ALLOWED.  We found out that some activities with long durations never get scheduled in PSO and a technical resource on our team diagnosed the issue as a missing value for SPLIT_ALLOWED in the RES_SHIFT_ATTRIBUTE_TAB.attribute_id = ‘SPLIT_ALLOWED’.  In Resource Attribute Manager, this is a system default attribute, but I don’t see how we can have a value of Yes to populate in PSO Data Load.

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 26 September 2023, 11:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Jacques,

From the PSO perspective, the xml definition received for the shift data simply needs to specify a value of true for the split_allowed attribute.  This is listed in the PSO documentation (Scheduling Schema.pdf) in the “Entity: Shift (Input)” section.

I can’t say how you would control that value being passed in from your SAP integration though.  Perhaps someone else in the community might be able to help on that part.

Thanks,
   Carl

Badge +2

For the specific Tasks that you’re sending in, make sure you see the ‘Allow Multiple Visits’ parameter being set to true against them. I’d question why you’re using the RES_SHIFT attributes for splitting activities, as long as the data is correct that’s being sent from Cloud, you shouldn’t need this parameter set as having the Task is usually enough.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Can you try this?

I used a very low level of shift type, so this will apply to all templates using this shift type (and to all resources with any of these templates).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Alex!

The customer had already set all the activity types to have this variable set to YES, as it is more obvious when creating activity types.  I have changed it as you suggest in Resource Shift Type in the customer’s environment and I will find out today if this solves their problem with unscheduled tasks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I set up some data in the customer’s cfg environment and the PSO scheduled the tasks by splitting the tasks over multiple days.  Another case closed!  Thank you so much!