Question

Searching PSO Resources is lagging

• 26 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 14 replies

This issue is happening on PSO 6.10.0.17 and any previous non-silverlight version. 

When attempting to search for a specific Resource in the Planning Module (Resource Data, Resource screen), it takes up to 14 seconds to get the search result. On the old PSO (6.5.0.29) this is instantaneously.  

I don’t understand why searching against a SQL table that has about 1000 records takes 14 seconds. 
Something is completely wrong with the way this is handled. 

Already reported via case: G2358015 when tested on PSO 6.10.0.7.

RnD claimed that they have resolved this issue on PSO 6.10.0.17 but they have only partially resolved this issue. 

Wondering how did they pass the QA test.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Daniel,

The issue passed to the R&D team in the original case was instructing to address the issue of search triggering each time a key was pressed in the search box.  This was resolved by waiting for a delay in user input before starting the search.  Since this was the reported issue, the QA testing as carried out and successfully passed by inputting a series of characters into the search box and checking that the search command only issued when a pause was detected in the typing.  This has a side effect of slightly improving the performance, but the main aim was to reduce the unresponsive time which resulted from multiple concurrent versions of the search (i.e. one from each key press) being triggered and processed simultaneously.

We now have received a new task in the R&D team to look into the performance of the search function in your case, which we will be working on soon.

Thanks,
   Carl

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The same feature is available on every other screen (where the search result is presented almost instantaneously). On our original case we  reported a lag on the resource screen (meaning the system would froze for 40+ seconds) - we provided a screen recorded as an evidence for this issue.

I was assuming that when the solution was developed they would address the lagging issue reported and not just adding an extra delay in the user input before executing an inefficient search. 

Looking forward to seeing this issue resolved in the next PSO version.