Question

Report file not found, Check CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH setting

• 2 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Experts,

Currently I am working with the UPD20 upgrade for DEV and BNT environments.

After the upgrade(from UPD17 to UPD20), it seems there is an issue when trying to print both Baseline and Custom reports.

There is no modification was done to APP PARAMS = CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Hasara

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Hasara Dinu ,

Did u check whether all the existing .RDLC reports have been copied to the above folder. Since this is a version upgrade, there is a minimal probability to removing the existing .RDLC files from both folders.

Can you give it a try to upload the above .RDLC file via report admin screen and check whether the issue is occurring after that aswell.....

Thanks,

Induwari

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Induwari , 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes all the reports including baseline and custom reports are residing in the client reports folder(APP PARAM = CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH).

Regards,

Hasara 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Hasara,

we had a similar issue after a Update going from 6.5 to 6.17 and it was due to  a custom client code that extended report printing functionality, which required adjustments in order to work with the new version. May be this is the same case for you? You can find more info in Case G2327157.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The error thrown by custom reporting functionality in G2327157 is “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” which is different from “Report file … not found”

There was additional enhancement in U19 for AdHoc Reports Upgrade feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Erin McQuestion As far as I remember the initial shown error message was the same as here “Report file...not found” but when the guys did debug the code they came to the actual root cause which was “Object reference not set...” :)

Best regards
Roman