Solved

PSO tasks are overlapping issue

• 16 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Experts,

I have a customer using PSO where they use a batch job(scheduled job once a day) to commit tasks.

In PSO when they do fixed commitment to a resource (if the tasks was planned to start at 3 pm by doing the fixed commitment it is fixed to start at 8 am and make task committed for the resource)

This fixed commitment is done nearly 2-3 mins prior to the scheduled batch job for commit tasks.
And the broadcast has happened 30 mins before (broadcast happens every hour)

Then after the scheduled job it can be seen that tasks are committed but tasks for the fixed resource are overlapped. 

I would like to know any clue on what can happen in here

your expert help on this is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana 18 June 2022, 10:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Heshala,

I have reviewed a quite similar issue for a customer and the following are the possible clues which you can dig more into finding out a root cause.

1. Checking the issue in UI perspective whether there is a graphical issue that the workbench is displaying the schedule that is provided correctly.
  2. Checking the issue from DSE’s perspective whether there are start or end time overlaps contained in any individual plan and is also placing the jobs that have fixed time and resource in the place that it is told to by the change file.
  3. If the customer is making individual commit changes for batch job functions over the course of a few minutes which uses the latest plan id as a reference, then it could well be the case that the plan id changes and is causing the function to use a mismatch of two or more plans.

Thanks and best regards,

Bhanuka

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI All,

Is there any possiblity to avoid overlapping in PSO? Incase overlap happened can system adjust the timing based on travel duration?

Regards,

Shiyaz