Question

PSO status turning to - - 1

• 9 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi 😊,

kindly request your assistance with an intermittent issue currently experienced in the customer's environment.

Customer environment: IFS CLOUD 23.2.2

This ID: 7623 which is in accepted status in PSO is related to WT 5682 which is in released status.

The customer address line was empty and therefore, added an address line.

When the addressline is added This ID: 7623 in PSO which is in accepted status has turned to - -1 (which should be with (WO No - Task No - 1)

To fix this, attempt to add a resource line deleting the previous line and it is not allowed.

Attempt to cancel the accepted assignment and it is not allowed since it is transferred to mobile.

We would conclude that attempting the address line modification during the 'Allocated' state or before allocation could prevent this issue from occurring.

But there is another example when the PSO is turning to allocated state:

Here, ID No: 14194  Task No: 8781 in PSO is in allocated state and allocations are not available in scheduling information.

Here similarly when the customer location address is added to the task, PSO which is in accepted status has turned to - -1 (which should be with (WO No - Task No - 1)

To fix this, then re added the resource line deleting the previous line.

And when updated the PSO, and it is correctly viewable.

This issue could not be happened beforehand when allocation is processed to PSO 🤔

This is an intermittent issue in the customer environment.

Could you please clarify if there is a functionality issue or if this is a bug occurring in the customer's environment?

Thank You 😊

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Aravinda.Pr  - I think if you have the PSO Audit trail, we can easily see what is missing in input messages and when that trigger. I’m still not sure whether this is a PSO issue or integration issue.

@Alexander Heinze Have you seen this issue before? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Aravinda.Pr  - I think if you have the PSO Audit trail, we can easily see what is missing in input messages and when that trigger. I’m still not sure whether this is a PSO issue or integration issue.

@Alexander Heinze Have you seen this issue before? 

Couple of thoughts:

• “The customer address line was empty and therefore, added an address line.” - From a PSO perspective the address line is irrelevant, it’s the map position that gets sent to PSO. If you see an allocation in PSO (assuming it’s not a locationless task), there should be a map position already specified.
  • Changing the location of an accepted task should (from my PoV) only happen from MWO, when the technician updates the actual location. Where did you make that change?
  • The label “- -1 ” looks like a bug, it seems that the change message does not consider the attributes settings on the Scheduling Dataset.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Sajith Anushan and @Alexander Heinze thank you for the valuable outputs.
Here is the answer for the question.

• Changing the location of an accepted task should (from my PoV) only happen from MWO, when the technician updates the actual location. Where did you make that change? The location address was given to the relevant customer field in the work task

Thank you 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I would log  “- -1 ” as a bug. Whether you allow location changes to a task already accepted in MWO is likely your business decision. It could happen that the customer provides a clarification of the location, but you’d probably want to inform the tech about the change.