Solved

PSO Resource Duplicate

• 8 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Good day

Please see the above pictures for the resource duplication.

During team setup, the team member’s Resource ID was changed. The user was not deleted in either FSM or PSO when the Resource ID was changed. Now the user shows up in PSO with both the old and the new Resource ID. Tasks does not get scheduled to the old Resource ID, but they both show in the Resource planner and the PSO Schedule board.

Is there a way to prevent this duplication, or will it be a manual process of removing the old resource from the Team in FSM, as well as removing the old resource from PSO and the resource planner?

icon

Best answer by Sajith Anushan 8 November 2021, 15:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @HannMat

By looking at the screen prints, I’m trying to understand what you had done here. I’m seeing both resource ID 507, 767 records present in the team in FSM. Have you ‘deleted’ the old record which is the resource ID 507 > save > refresh cache full? is it what you meant by ‘Resource ID was changed’? 

If not, why don’t you give that a try and check if you can stil experience this? 

Thanks, 
Kalpa

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Kalpa Perera 

What I mean with Resource ID was changed, is that the the Scheduling Resource flag on the user profile was unchecked and checked again. The user was then assigned a new resource ID/number. The resource was then added to the team using the new resource ID (767), but the old resource ID (507) was not deleted from the team.

The cache was refreshed, and the dataset initialized in the Scheduling Manager in FSM. The resource then showed up in PSO, and was available under 507 and 767 in the Resources tab and the Resource Planner, and was then added to the planner.

I know I can go delete the old resource from the team in FSM and PSO and it will disappear. I just want to know if there is some sort of safeguard to prevent this type of duplication happening as in the example above, or will the responsibility be on the user doing the team setups to manually ensure that this type of duplication does not happen?

Regards,

Hannes

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

This is happening since Resource updates or deletes from FSM side is not in sync with PSO ARP. Expectation is to use PSO as the master system for Resource Planning if ARP is using, so there this sync is not included in RnD roadmap for future as well (currently). So the only option right now is to taking care of this manually. If the Resource ID is getting changed, old Resource Record should be deleted in PSO.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Sajith Anushan 

Thank you for the reply, this answers my question.

Regards,

Hannes