Solved

PSO/IFS Dataset connection broken

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Good day

I am having the following issue.

I have teams setup in FSM with team members and scheduling resources, all connected to certain datasets. I have created corresponding datasets in PSO, and after setup is complete everything works as it should (team members/resources added in FSM displays immediately in PSO, tasks get scheduled correctly according to commit rules etc.).

My problem is, everything works perfectly for a while, before the connection between datasets in PSO and FSM fails. Updating any data in FSM does not pull through to PSO.

I have tested this by creating new testing datasets, scheduling app params (exports) etc. and connecting all necessary data to them, but they still fail after a while. Deleting everything and recreating all data will have it working again, until it fails again.

What could be causing this failure? Could it be due to a system upgrade? If it is caused by upgrades, is there a way to preserve the connections so I don’t have to recreate everything to make it work again (the data is sitting there, it’s just not talking)?

Regards,

Hannes

icon

Best answer by HannMat 1 July 2021, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello  @HannMat ,

Could you please check the event logs, any specific errors? May be the SQM stopped?

Best Regards,
Vinu

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Vinu Peiris 

I have checked the event log and it seems the SQM is running:

Should I provide system_events log file?

Regards,

Hannes

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello  @HannMat ,

A good screenshot would do just to get a preliminary idea as well. Please make sure you get the event log as soon as it stops working (updates not pulling through from FSM).

Best Regards,

Vinu

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Vinu Peiris 

Sorry for the previous screenshot. Here it is larger:

I don’t think I can grab a screenshot now of when it stops working, as this stopped working, but I don’t know exactly when it stopped working.

Regards,

Hannes

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HannMat 

Just picking up on this comment “Updating any data in FSM does not pull through to PSO”.

What fields are you updating in FSM?

I’d check the input folder for PSO and see if it receives the fresh update.

I had a similar issue too, so it maybe worth checking EXPORT_TASK_UPDATE_COLUMN_CHANGED in the Scheduling App Params. Check what fields are listed in there, and see if by updating those specific fields FSM updates PSO.

Maybe the case you need more task fields adding to that parameter to get the data going from FSM to PSO.

Ady

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @AdrianEgley 

Fields listed under the EXPORT_TASK_UPDATE_COLUMN_CHANGED are: TASK_TYPE,ADDRESS_ID,PRIORITY,SPLIT_ALLOWED,MIN_SPLIT,INTERRUPT,COST_OF_SPLIT,DESCRIPTION,CREATED_DTTM,SCHED_REF_ID,SCHEDULE_VALUE,SCHED_TASK_DUR_MIN,PLAN_TASK_DUR_MIN,TASK_STATUS,USER_DEF16.

I have tried updating the Scheduling App Params (EXPORT_TASK_UPDATE_COLUMN_CHANGED, EXPORT_TASK_TEAMS, EXPORT_TASK_TYPES, EXPORT_TASK_STATUSES_TO_EXCLUDE etc.) but still not getting any data to push to PSO.

Regards,

Hannes

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@HannMat 

Ok, if you were to change the value via the client in task.description does this generate a file into the PSO Input (Then Input History) folder? That for me the first place to check. Is the action in FSM producing the file to pass to PSO.

Ady

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@AdrianEgley 

Ok, I have checked the input history folder, and it seems that the items are getting created (tasks, scheduling resources etc.). 

When doing a test, a task was created and showed up as allocated on PSO, until it got committed/assigned to a resource (who is a resource on the team in FSM, but not on PSO). The task then disappeared from PSO. 

I also sometimes get an exception message when initializing the dataset:

<perform_initialize_threesixty_result>
<result type="Exception">
<error>
<application_error>
<severity>ERROR</severity>
<message>Input Reference ID already exists: INIT_2021_6_18_15_12_26</message>
</application_error>
</error>
</result>
</perform_initialize_threesixty_result>

Regards,

Hannes

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@HannMat,

That sounds like that some of the data is missing on the Inital Load from FSM to PSO.

Would you expect that resource to be in PSO? If so might just come down to setup and something a miss. Especially with what you are describing.

Might be worth getting the Initial load open in something like XMLPad to review the data and see what is getting picked up. Likewise if you’re in a non-prod environment use the logging on server logs (TR9) to get the XML query that is used and see what’s being pulled when the Initialisation runs. 

Might need someone at IFS to confirm, but if that resource isn’t in PSO and a tasks is allocated to them, it will remove the data. I’ll try and replicate the same thing my end too.

Ady

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Have managed to fix this issue by clearing the THREESIXTY_RESOURCE and THREESIXTY_RAM_LOAD_HISTORY tables, unchecking all Schedule Resource flags on users, and re-adding them as Resources. After initializing the dataset the resources started populating correctly with new ID’s.

Regards,

Hannes