Solved

PSO / FSM - Assign Based on Work Status

• 6 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In FSM, mobile users have an "On shift" & "Off shift" option. This is located under PERSON.WORK_STATUS.
Is it possible to have PSO schedule a tech only when they're ON SHIFT and when they are OFF SHIFT it does not consider them for work?

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by Abrar khan 6 August 2020, 16:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jbernardo  Assuming you are talking about job Scheduling and not job commitment (sending to the mobile device) this functionality works based on the calendar definition and not on the work status. looks like there is a very specific case you are trying to address i.e when the tech did not go “on shift” and his working hours have started and a new job has been sent for scheduling. 

In PSO you will need to use the exception “Failed To Logon” to notify of such a situation and handle it via a creating a non-availability for the duration if the tech is sick or unavailable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thank you @Abrar khan 

Userlevel 7

If you’re using the SDS to automatically commit work you could use the rule “LogonRequired” to only commit to resources that actually log on.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you’re using the SDS to automatically commit work you could use the rule “LogonRequired” to only commit to resources that actually log on.  

@anmise  are you referring to the scheduling app param in FSM called LOGON_REQUIRED? (If Y, activities may only be committed to resources that are logged on. )

We have it set to Y but it still gets committed.

Userlevel 7

@anmise  are you referring to the scheduling app param in FSM called LOGON_REQUIRED? (If Y, activities may only be committed to resources that are logged on. )

We have it set to Y but it still gets committed.

I’m talking about the rules in the resource workspace in PSO. This is where you define how the SDS should behave. The rules/rule collection is then assigned to resources/resource groups. I cannot remember off the top of my head if there’s a scheduling app param you need to set in FSM to use the SDS.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Oh sorry, no were not using SDS, this is the way our PSO workbench looks like