Solved

Outlook Integration

• 10 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello

I have found the following in “help” from FSM regarding Outlook Integration

http://imaapp13/FSMServer_ImageX_Prod/Help/FSMReferenceGuide/AboutOutlookIntegration.html

However I am unable to find any further info on  how to obtain the optional add-in.

Does anyone have any info on this?

icon

Best answer by roklde 11 May 2023, 15:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Lloyd,

you can find the option to install the add-in in your user profile within the Smart Client.

This should bring up the Installer of the add-in:

Best regards
Roman​​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Roman, Thanks, that’s interesting. Is there more info on how it works? Besides the high level 1 pager in the FSM reference document, I don’t see any documentation on how to access it, use it, etc. once it is installed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Jonathan,

unfortunately, not that I’m aware of. 

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Lloyd,

you can find the option to install the add-in in your user profile within the Smart Client.

Best regards
Roman

Hi Roman

Thanks for this, so easy to do, but couldn’t find the info anywhere. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Lloyd,

Best regards
Roman

Sorry one other question, the reason that I am looking at this is because I would like engineers to be able to sync outlook calendars with IFS tasks, is this possible with this? I can seem to get it working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@IGMIGMIMXMD did you check the inforamtion in the FSM Reference Guide? You can copy FSM task information to your Outlook calendar or taks. Therfore, you have to setup the TASK_OUTLOOK_EXPORT_MODE app paramater and perform the setup in the Outlook FSM Screen.
@JonWoster fyi - it’s a bit more than an one pager. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@IGMIGMIMXMD did you check the inforamtion in the FSM Reference Guide? You can copy FSM task information to your Outlook calendar or taks. Therfore, you have to setup the TASK_OUTLOOK_EXPORT_MODE app paramater and perform the setup in the Outlook FSM Screen.
@JonWoster fyi - it’s a bit more than an one pager. :)

Hi roklde,

Yes I have that part (thanks for the document tho, hadn't seen that), my issue is that unless I add the admin accounts details to the settings section in the add-in, I am unable to get it to connect. I assume that in order to sync the correct calendar to the user I need to connect as them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

I could imagine that it has something to do with the role a certain user has. I believe when you assign the admin role (only for testing) to a different user it might be working. However, I’m not sure which exact function you may require to have it working - maybe IMPORTEXPORTANY?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I could imagine that it has something to do with the role a certain user has. I believe when you assign the admin role (only for testing) to a different user it might be working. However, I’m not sure which exact function you may require to have it working - maybe IMPORTEXPORTANY?

Hi, not sure what I changed but it is now working.

Thanks for your help.