Question

Opening an External Application using Hyperlink from FSM Project screen

• 2 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement where I need to open an external application using a link on a field. I had written a Client script and when I put this on a button of project ex. Copy button on Click event, the new application gets opened but I am not sure how to place this Client script on The hyperlink on the field to open the application.

Configurations I did on copy button of project

Configuration done on the field where I need to open new application using Hyperlink.but this is not working.

Regards

Abhishek

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, is that copy button a custom button that you labeled as copy or is it the baseline copy button which has existing baseline behavior?

Thanks,

Morris

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Morris ,

Thanks for your response.

It’s the baseline copy button and I just used it as my requirement was to launch a new application from field having hyperlink and since the Client script that I had written was not working for that I just test it on an existing button and there it works.

Any idea how can I use that on a hyperlink.

Please note as the url will be dynamic  >  A constant part + project.user_def6

Regards

Abhishek

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @ABTIWARY,

A dynamic url does make this more difficult of a task. Is the url meant for a browser or something else and is this configuration for the smart client or a web client? The last part might not matter but just asking. I have some wild ideas that likely wont work but just want to have all the information before I really dig in.

Regards,

Morris

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Morris ,

The url will take you to another application to have some relevant information. It is not meant for Browsing.. This configuration is for a Web Client. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Please let me know if I missed something or you want any other information.

Regards

Abhishek

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi  @ABTIWARY ,

How is the dynamic part of this gotten?

My thought is that you could use a business rule to build the hyperlink, by adding all the different parts to build a complete URL. You would use a user_def and setup the navigation as per normal for a hyperlink. 

Regards,

Morris

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Morris ,

With dynamic url I mean   >  A constant part + project.user_def6. So only user_def6 of project is the dynamic part, I don’t have to add a lot of stuff for this.

Please suggest

Regards

Abhishek

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @ABTIWARY ,

I need to know at what point do you need this field to be updated. Do you need it after a Save?  That is the case then you should be able to use a XML business rule to do the concatenation for example

<user_def_holding the url>@expression[“constant part”+project.user_def6]</user_def_holding the url>

if it needs to be more dynamic then you might have to use a client script.

Regards,

Morris

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Morris,

This field doesn’t need to be updated. I had written a simple Client script and kept it on click event of a button and its working. just wanted to open the same application if instead of button I will use a hyperlink on a field to open the application.

PFB the Client script, kept the url on a custom app param.

Regards

Abhishek